Monday, March 5, 2012

Photo-Shoot Prep: Cupcakes + Flowers + Calligraphy

Today you'll see the photo-shoot design as it was on the day of the shoot. It is a mini reveal...yay! You will see the amazing work I and a  group of talented Toronto wedding industry experts put in.

Cupcakes played a major role in the photo-shoot. I was delighted to have Connie from Connie Cupcake  on board on this project. She is hardworking, reliable, and an artist that I admire. Her cupcakes are gorgeous. She and I discussed a color palette for the cupcakes and she went to work creating something unique for the Posh Veils photo-shoot. It doesn't get more customized than that. You will see the cupcakes in the images below and see what I mean when I say Connie is a superstar.

The last major process in the prep work for the photo-shoot was the flower frame for the chalkboard. I was so fortunate to have Lisa Collins from Sweet Woodruff on board as our florist for the shoot. She is professional, super talented, and super sweet!  She took my idea of framing a 4ft by 7ft chalkboard and made it a reality. She rocked. Lisa and I met to discuss the technical aspects of framing the board with fresh flowers and the color palette. We met at a Starbucks downtown and it was our first time meeting and we hit it off. In that meeting we finalized dates on when I would drop off the chalkboard to her studio. So, on Friday Feb. 10th, hubby and I woke up early to deliver the board to her private studio in Markham and she worked her magic. At 6pm we picked it up and it was stunning! There's something about seeing your vision come to life. It's an amazing feeling.

On Saturday morning day, day of the shoot, Rajiv the spectacular calligraphist behind Letters in Ink drew a beautiful feather on the board for us. He made the chalkboard come to life. His work is amazing! 

I am so grateful to all the amazing Toronto talent that took part in this shoot. They are all professionals and I would highly recommend them to anyone. Now, here is the full look of the photo-shoot. All images are shot by Cristina from Geminie Photography:





Photo Credits: Geminie Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment